Tuesday 18 February 2014

Bargain Buy: Revlon Nail Art Neon

This new nail varnish by Revlon is a must buy for women who love bright nails. I am a major fan of long bright nails, unfortunately I had my Acrylic pointy nails removed to let my own nails breath, so were looking a bit sad at the moment. 

This little invention is great for people who want bright looking nails but don't want to spend £4 - £6 everytime on a new nail varnish that doesn't require 5 coats. I personally have a few nail varnish's that require multiple coats, but by the time you have applied those coats, your nails look bumpy and horrible because of the amount of nail varnish you have applied. 

The Nail Art Neon comes with two colours, a bright alluminious White and a colour of your choice. I decided to buy the Orange but it comes in a range of colours. 


I decided to try the orange on it's own, to examine what the nail varnish appears as without the white base coat. It looks awful right, it reminds me of a yellow stain varnish and the stain colour you get from ciggarettes (if you smoke that is). I wanted to see the contrast of the before and after of applying the white. 


As you can see in the nail varnish looks very bold on it's own, it is definately as white a Tipex. So surely this has got to help, I'm guessing that is the main idea right? 


Of course it is! This nail varnish is amazing, I'm absolutely in love with this simple product. The trick with this nail varnish is that you apply the white first and then the orange after, it creates an alluminious base for the orange to shine through. 

The best thing about this product is you can use it with your other nail varnish's. I can bet you have cheap nail varnish you have bought on a whim to try and they have come up very thin, so you have to apply multiple coats. Well ladies this is what you need. Whatever nail varnish you have, apply the white underneath and it will bright the colour out.



These are four good nail varnish that I chose to use with the Nail Art Neon.

BarryM Gelly Hi Shine - Dragon 308
BarryM - Cobalt Blue 151
Rimmel 60 Second - Rose Libertine 405
Ultima - Nail Chrome - Citrus Frost 113


 In the above picture I have applied the Rimmel and the Ultima nail varnish with and without the white base from nail Art Neon, from left to right starting without the base, As you can see both colours are much more vibrant. The Rimmel Rose Libertine is almost like a Raspberry Candy Pink and the Ultima Citrus is a Glitter Block Gold.


In the above picture, showcasing both BarryM nail varnish's. BarryM is known to be a high quality brand and there nail varnish's are usaually very bold. The white base just adds extra depth and vibrance to these colours.

I have definately rambled on about this product, but I wanted to demonstrate how usable it is. This product retails at £7 but I have a little sneaky tip for you! It also retails in poundland, for an obvious cheap purchase price of a £1 along with multiple colours. I thought this was an incredible purchase and a definate Bargain Buy.

Let me know what you think to this purchase, or if you have this product let me know your opinion on this. Hopefully you like this product like I do!!

Lots of Love,
Katy
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment